February 20, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 033
As of Feb. 19, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Bay County residents have received more than $627.7 million in federal funds:
- 30,406 individuals and households have been approved for more than $80.5 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- 2,068 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $99.9 million in claims have been paid. (As of Feb. 12)
- More than $447.3 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 7,515 homeowners and renters and 742 businesses.
- More than $31.4 million in grants have been approved for basic housing repairs for 5,861 homeowners.
- 39,596 home inspections have been issued with 99.7 percent completed.
- 13,692 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 53,000 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 457 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
- 14,630 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers installed 5,269 blue roofs in Bay County, representing 5,269 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 432 households are licensed-in in Bay County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Bay County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- More than 13.7 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Bay County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center at the Bay County Public Library opened Oct. 27 and has assisted 15,902 visitors. The Callaway Community Center DRC opened Oct. 31 and has assisted 5,772 visitors.
February 20, 2019 - 16:18