February 13, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 030
As of Feb. 11, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Bay County residents have received more than $620 million in federal funds:
- 30,353 individuals and households have been approved for more than $80.2 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- 2,084 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $98.2 million in claims have been paid. (As of Feb. 5)
- More than $441.6 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 7,479 homeowners and renters and 726 businesses.
- More than $31.4 million in grants have been approved for basic housing repairs for 5,851 homeowners.
- 39,587 home inspections have been issued with 99.7 percent completed.
- Approximately 13,703 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 53,000 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 473 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
- 14,611 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers installed 5,269 blue roofs in Bay County, representing 5,269 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 375 households are licensed-in in Bay County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Bay County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- More than 13 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Bay County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center at the Bay County Public Library opened Oct. 27 and has assisted 15,472 visitors. The Callaway Community Center DRC opened Oct. 31 and has assisted 5,657 visitors.
February 14, 2019 - 14:20