February 6, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 028
As of Feb. 4, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Franklin County residents have received more than $804,000 in federal funds:
- 61 individuals and households have been approved for more than $95,000 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program
- 23 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $651,311 in claims have been paid. (As of Dec. 14)
- $58,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for one homeowner.
- More than $48,900 has been approved for basic housing repairs for 20 homeowners.
- 129 home inspections have been issued with 96.9 percent completed.
- Approximately 5 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach teams more than 2,400 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 22 homeowners and renters are approved for rental assistance.
February 6, 2019 - 14:02