February 6, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 028
As of Feb. 4, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Liberty County residents have received more than $6 million in total federal funds:
- 579 individuals and households have been approved for more than $1 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- More than $5.1 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 156 homeowners and renters and 6 businesses.
- Nearly $592,000 has been approved for basic housing repairs for 227 homeowners.
- 946 home inspections have been issued with 99.9 percent completed.
- Approximately 214 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 4,400 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 165 homeowners and renters are approved for rental assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed 56 blue roofs in Liberty County representing 56 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- More than 439,000 cubic yards of debris has been removed in Liberty County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center at Veterans Memorial Park in Bristol opened Oct. 24 and closed on Dec. 8 after assisting 1,006 visitors.
February 6, 2019 - 14:00