February 6, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 028
As of Feb. 4, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, residents of Jackson County have received more than $60.1 million in total federal funds:
- 5,925 individuals and households have been approved for nearly $12.1 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- 14 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $147,681 in claims have been paid. (As of Jan. 28)
- More than $47.8 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 1,106 homeowners and renters and 64 businesses.
- More than $7 million has been approved for basic housing repairs for 1,986 homeowners.
- 7,878 home inspections have been issued with 99.8 percent completed.
- Approximately 2,249 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 13,000 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 2,291 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- 31 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed 839 blue roofs in Jackson County, representing 839 families who are able to live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 65 households have been licensed-in in Jackson County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Jackson County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- Nearly 4.9 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Jackson County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center for Jackson County at the University Extension Office in Marianna opened Oct. 23 and closed Jan. 31 after assisting 7,290 visitors.
February 6, 2019 - 13:54