January 23, 2019
R4-DR-4399-FL FS 023
As of Jan. 21, unless otherwise noted
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Bay County residents have received more than $577.4 million in federal funds:
- 30,282 individuals and households have been approved for nearly $88 million in federal grants.
- 2,044 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $65.7 million in claims have been paid. (As of Dec. 14)
- More than $423.7 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 7,303 homeowners and renters and 667 businesses.
- More than $30.7 million in grants have been approved for basic housing repairs for more than 5,700 homeowners.
- 39,536 home inspections have been issued with 99.7 percent completed.
- Approximately 13,756 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance registration.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance outreach more than 53,000 survivors were connected with disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide.
- 557 survivor households are checked into hotels through the Transitional Sheltering Assistance program.
- 14,495 homeowners and renters have been approved for rental assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers installed 5,269 blue roofs in Bay County, representing 5,269 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
- 272 households are licensed-in in Bay County under FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Assistance program. Working with Florida Division of Emergency Management, Bay County and Volunteer Florida, debris is being cleared from private and commercial sites.
- More than 11.5 million cubic yards of debris has been removed in Bay County.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center at the Bay County Public Library opened Oct. 27 and has assisted 14,183 visitors. The Callaway Community Center DRC opened Oct. 31 and has assisted more than 5,324 visitors.
January 23, 2019 - 15:09