Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Taylor County residents have received more than $796,000 in total federal funds:*
- More than $91,500 in federal grants have gone to almost 39 homeowners and.
- 23 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $646,659 in claims have been paid.
- $58,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approvedfor one homeowner.
- More than $48.8 million has been approved for basic housing repairs for 19 homeowners.
- 21 homeowners and renters are approved for rental assistance.
- 124 home inspections have been issued and more than 99 percent completed.
- Disaster Survivor Assistance teams have conducted outreach with 665 households helping with registration, answering questions, providing case updates and making referrals to other recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can assist with.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed one blue roof in Taylor County allowing a family to live in their home while making permanent repairs.
* The numbers in this report are as of close of business Nov. 30, 2018 unless otherwise noted.