Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Michael, Liberty County residents have received more than $4.6 million in total federal funds:*
- More than $1 million in federal grants have gone to almost 349 homeowners and renters.
- One flood insurance claim has been filed.
- More than $3.6 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 121 homeowners and renters and three businesses.
- More than $485.7 million has been approved for basic housing repairs for 206 homeowners.
- Nearly 1,000 home inspections have been issued and more than 99 percent completed.
- Disaster Survivor Assistance teams have conducted outreach with 1,138 home visits helping with registration, answering questions, providing case updates and making referrals to other recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can assist with.
- 151 homeowners and renters are approved for rental assistance.
- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has installed 56 blue roofs in Liberty County representing 56 families who can live in their homes while they make permanent repairs.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The disaster recovery center at Veterans Memorial Park in Bristol opened Oct. 24 and has assisted more than 896 visitors.
* The numbers in this report are as of close of business Nov. 30, 2018 unless otherwise noted.