RALEIGH, N.C. – North Carolina survivors of Hurricane Florence have until 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, 2018 to register for assistance from FEMA or apply for a low-interest loan from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Individuals and businesses with uninsured losses can register with FEMA by:
- Calling the disaster assistance helpline at 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585 (TTY) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Multilingual operators are available.
- Going online to DisasterAssistance.gov
- Downloading the FEMA mobile app
- Downloading the ReadyNC app.
- Visiting a Disaster Recovery Center. To find center locations and hours, go online to FEMA.gov/DRC, or download the FEMA mobile app or the ReadyNC app.
To apply for an SBA low-interest disaster loan, contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 before the Dec. 13 deadline. The deaf and hard-of-hearing may call 800-877-8339. Email the SBA at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit SBA’s website at sba.gov/disaster.
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during and after disasters.