December 6, 2018
R4 DR-4393-NC FS 093
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Wilson County has been approved for more than $424,000 in state and federal assistance:
- More than $95,000 in state and federal grants have gone to 33 homeowners and renters.
- As of Dec. 3, eight flood insurance claims have been filed and an estimated $286,000 in claims have been paid to date.
- More than $44,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for three homeowners and businesses.
- As of Dec. 4, 128 home inspections have been issued and completed.
- Wilson County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sep. 24 and permanent work Oct. 12.
- An applicant briefing was held Oct. 16.
- As of Dec. 3, 10 Requests for Public Assistance were received and approved.
December 7, 2018 - 09:13