December 6, 2018
R4 DR-4393-NC FS 085
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Harnett County has been approved for more than $4.3 million in state and federal assistance:
- More than $1 million in state and federal grants have gone to 355 homeowners and renters.
- As of Dec. 3, 39 flood insurance claims have been filed and an estimated $927,000 in claims have been paid to date.
- Nearly $2.4 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 83 homeowners and businesses.
- As of Dec. 4, 1,345 home inspections have been issued. Approximately 99% of home inspections have been completed.
- Harnett County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sep. 17 and permanent work Oct. 12.
- An applicant briefing was held Oct. 15.
- As of Dec. 3, 10 Requests for Public Assistance were received and nine approved to date.
December 6, 2018 - 17:16