December 6, 2018
R4 DR-4393-NC FS 084
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Guilford County has been approved for more than $816,000 in state and federal assistance:
- Nearly $153,000 in state and federal grants have gone to 65 homeowners and renters.
- As of Dec. 4, 39 flood insurance claims have been filed and an estimated $558,000 in claims have been paid to date.
- More than $106,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for six homeowners and businesses.
- As of Dec. 4, 196 home inspections have been issued. Approximately 98% of home inspections have been completed.
- Guilford County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal, emergency protective measures and permanent work Nov. 15.
- An applicant briefing was held Nov. 26.
- As of Dec. 3, two Requests for Public Assistance were received and two approved to date.
December 6, 2018 - 17:13