December 6, 2018
R4 DR-4393-NC FS 082
Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Chatham County has been approved for nearly $696,000 in state and federal assistance:
- Nearly $105,000 in state and federal grants have gone to 27 homeowners and renters.
- As of Dec. 3, seven flood insurance claims have been filed and an estimated $470,000 in claims have been paid to date.
- Nearly $121,000 in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for four homeowners.
- As of Dec. 4, 64 home inspections have been issued and completed.
- Chatham County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal, emergency protective measures and permanent work Oct. 12.
- An applicant briefing was held Oct. 19.
- As of Dec. 3, seven Requests for Public Assistance were received and five approved to date.
December 6, 2018 - 17:07