TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Right of Entry (ROE) collection for Operation Blue Roof will end Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018, at 6 p.m. local time for their locations. ROEs submitted Nov. 11 or prior will still be evaluated. Blue Roof installations will continue until complete.
"We encourage homeowners to take advantage of this free program. We promise any survivor who submits an ROE on Nov. 11, or prior, that your roof will be assessed by a qualified U.S. Army Corps of Engineers representative," said Lt. Col. Richard Gussenhoven, commander of the Corps’ Task Force Michael Recovery Field Office.
The Blue Roof program provides a temporary covering of blue reinforced plastic sheeting to help reduce further damage to property affected by Hurricane Michael until permanent repairs can be made. This program is available at no cost to eligible primary homeowners and landlords. For photos and video of the program, visit www.dvidshub.net/unit/usacesad.
Rights of Entry will continue to be collected online at www.usace.army.mil/blueroof or in person at the locations below until Nov. 11.
• Bay County Disaster Recovery Center - Bay County Public Library, 898 West 11th Street, Panama City, FL 32401
• Bay County - Walmart Supercenter, 2101 S FL-77, Lynn Haven, FL 32444
• Bay County - Walmart, 15495 Panama City Beach Parkway, Panama City Beach, FL 32413
• Calhoun County DRC - Sam Atkins Park, NW Silas Green Street, Blountstown, FL 32424
• Gadsden County DRC - (Old) Gretna Elementary School, 706 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Gretna, FL 32332
• Gulf County - Port Saint Joe Library, 110 Library Drive, Port Saint Joe, FL 32456
• Gulf County - Wewahitchka Information Center, 211 N State Road 71, Wewahitchka, FL 32465
• Jackson County DRC - University Extension Office, 2737 Penn Avenue, Marianna, FL 32448
Current information is available at www.usace.army.mil/blueroof and at 888-ROOF-BLU (888-766-3258). Information is provided in both English and Spanish through this single number.
• Only primary residences with standard shingled roofs are eligible to receive a temporary blue roof.
• Metal roofs and mobile homes may be repaired as practical on a case-by-case basis.
• Roofs with greater than 50 percent structural damage are not eligible for this program.
• Every owner or landlord that has a signed Right of Entry form will be visited.
• If a home is being rented, the tenant must provide written permission from the owner prior to signing Right of Entry.
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during and after disasters.
All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status, or retaliation. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, call 800-621-3362 or 800- 462-7585(TTY/TDD