July 17, 2018
DR-4366-HI FS 004
- Residents who live in Leilani Estates west of Pomaikai Street, in the county’s Voluntary Evacuation Zone and who were denied Rental Assistance by FEMA are encouraged to ask the agency to re-inspect their property.
- Safety concerns—locally imposed evacuations and entry checkpoints—may have prevented previous efforts to inspect the property to verify damage.
- This is not an appeal of the earlier determination. This is simply a request for FEMA to re-inspect the property and determine whether damage, loss, or habitability conditions have changed. Doing so may allow FEMA to complete the inspection process and determine eligibility for aid.
- The re-inspection is not a guarantee of eligibility for assistance, however some residents who were initially denied rental assistance may be determined to be eligible for one month of rental assistance.
- Residents of Leilani Estates who live west of Pomaikai Street who were denied rental assistance should go to the joint Disaster Recovery Center at Kea‘au High School Gymnasium, 16-725 Kea‘au-Pahoa Rd.
July 17, 2018 - 16:06