AUSTIN, Texas – Eligible Hurricane Harvey survivors receiving Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) may receive an extension to stay in hotels beyond March 12 as they continue working toward a permanent housing solution before the temporary program ends.
- March 12 – Last day of eligibility under current extension period
- April 2 – Eligibility review of all survivors remaining in TSA
- April 23 – End of approved extension period for those approved beyond April 2
Disaster survivors participating in TSA will receive a phone call, email and/or text message advising them if they have continued eligibility for assistance through a participating hotel.
Survivors in hotels who are unsure of their continued TSA eligibility can:
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (voice, 711 or VRS) or 800-462-7585 (TTY).
- Log into their account on disasterassistance.gov/.
- Visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC); for DRC locations and hours go to fema.gov/DRC.
- Ask the hotel to look in the lodging web portal to see whether they have eligibility beyond the current checkout date of March 13.
Recovery partners at all levels are working together to ensure remaining hotel participants are getting the support they need, in the form of information, available financial resources and guidance as they transition out of the temporary program.
For more information on Hurricane Harvey and Texas recovery, visit the Hurricane Harvey disaster web page at www.fema.gov/disaster/4332, or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FEMAharvey, the FEMA Region 6 Twitter account at twitter.com/FEMARegion6, or the Texas Division of Emergency Management website at www.dps.texas.gov/dem/.