WASHINGTON - FEMA announced today the agency is now accepting applications for open positions for its National Advisory Council (NAC); qualified individuals who are interested in serving may submit an application to be considered for appointment now, through March 18, 2018.
The NAC is a federal advisory committee of up to 35 members that advises the FEMA Administrator on all aspects of emergency management to ensure input from and coordination with state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and the private sector on federal plans, programs, and strategies for all hazards. The NAC provides consensus recommendations to the Administrator and gives FEMA access to expertise, information, and advice on a broad range of issues. Topics of recent recommendations included provision of medical countermeasures, duplication of benefits in the Individual Assistance Program, and tribal partnerships training.
NAC members represent a geographically diverse mix of officials, emergency managers, and emergency response providers from all levels of government, non-governmental organizations, tribes and the private sector. Individuals appointed to these positions represent the whole community and bring their experience and expertise, along with their diversity of views and willingness to express them.
FEMA is accepting applications for open positions in the following discipline areas:
- Elected Local Government Official (one representative appointment)
- Elected State Government Official (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Management Field (one representative appointment)
- Emergency Response Providers, which includes fire, law enforcement, hazardous materials response, emergency medical services, and organizations representing emergency response providers (two representative appointments)
- Communications Expert, an expert in communications infrastructure, public safety and first responder communications systems and networks, and/or broadcast, cable, satellite, wireless, or wireline services and networks (one Special Government Employee, or SGE)
- Cybersecurity Expert, an expert in protecting and defending information and communications systems from damage, unauthorized use or modification, or exploitation, (one SGE)
- In-Patient Medical Provider, a provider of medical care to patients admitted to a healthcare facility, such as a hospital or skilled nursing facility (one SGE)
- Administrator Selections (up to two SGE appointments)
All appointments are for three-year terms beginning in September 2018. Applications must be received on or before March 18, 2018.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.
Follow FEMA online at www.fema.gov/blog, www.twitter.com/fema, www.twitter.com/femaspox, www.facebook.com/fema and www.youtube.com/fema. Also, follow Administrator Brock Long’s activities at www.twitter.com/fema_brock.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.