COLUMBIA, S.C. – The three remaining disaster recovery centers in South Carolina will close Friday, Jan. 29, at 6 p.m.:
- Richland County Library Southeast, 7421 Garners Ferry Road, Columbia
- Williamsburg Recreation Center, 2084 Thurgood Marshall Highway, Kingstree
- Central Carolina Technical College, 853 Broad St., Sumter
Many services available at disaster recovery centers are also available by calling the FEMA helpline. Survivors of Oct. 1-23 storms and flooding can get help by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585; those who use 711/VRS can call 800-621-3362. Lines are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
Survivors can use the helpline to:
- Ask questions about FEMA decision letters.
- Learn how to appeal FEMA decision letters. All applicants may appeal.
- Inquire about the status of a registration.
- Provide change of address, telephone and bank account numbers and insurance information to avoid disaster assistance processing delays.
- Receive information about FEMA home inspections.
- Get other questions answered about federal disaster assistance.
Applicants should have their nine-digit FEMA registration number and ZIP code if they want to discuss their application.