Main Content

Help Remains Available After Disaster Recovery Center Closes in Georgetown

Release date: 
January 25, 2016
Release Number: 
FEMA-DR-4241-SC NR 075

FEMA-DR-4241-SC NR 075

South Carolina EMD: 803-737-8500

FEMA News Desk: 803-714-5894

News Release

Help Remains Available After Disaster Recovery Center Closes in Georgetown                                                                                                

COLUMBIA, S.C. – A disaster recovery center in Georgetown County will close Wednesday, Jan. 27, at 6 p.m.:

  • Beck Recreation Center, 2030 West Church St., Georgetown

Many services available at disaster recovery centers are also available by calling the FEMA helpline. Survivors of Oct. 1-23 storms and flooding in Georgetown County can get help by calling 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585; those who use 711/VRS can call 800-621-3362. Lines are open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.

Survivors can use the helpline to:

  • Ask questions about FEMA decision letters.

  • Learn how to appeal FEMA decision letters. All applicants may appeal.

  • Inquire about the status of a registration.

  • Provide change of address, telephone and bank account numbers and insurance information to avoid disaster assistance processing delays.

  • Receive information about FEMA home inspections.

  • Get other questions answered about federal disaster assistance.

Applicants should have their nine-digit FEMA registration number and zip code if they want to discuss their application.

For the latest information on South Carolina flood recovery operations, visit and

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status, or retaliation. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585(TTY/TDD).

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

Last Updated: 
January 3, 2018 - 12:04