TRENTON, N.J. -- Getting free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home to minimize future disaster damage is as easy as visiting your local home improvement store. Specialists from FEMA will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property in future disasters.
This free service also offers information and publications about home improvement, such as:
- Mold and mildew cleanup.
- Flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Wind straps.
- Flood insurance.
- Retrofitting buildings.
- Elevating utilities.
FEMA specialists are available daily Jan. 5 to Saturday, Jan. 12, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Atlantic County – Home Depot, 6 Tower Ave., Egg Harbor 08234.
- Cape May County – Lowe’s, 3171 Route 9 S., Rio Grande 08242.
- Essex County – Home Depot, 399-443 Springfield Ave., Newark 07103.
- Hudson County – Home Depot, 440 Route 440, Jersey City 07302.
- Middlesex County – Home Depot, 1090 Route 9, Old Bridge 08857.
- Monmouth County – Home Depot, 3540 Route 66, Neptune 07753.
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 197 Route 72 W., Manahawkin 08050.
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 1900 Shorrock Road, Lakewood 08701.
- Union County – Home Depot, 977 W. Grand St., Elizabeth 07202.
FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.
The social media links provided are for reference only. FEMA does not endorse any non-government websites, companies or applications.