Disaster Recovery Center Opens In Pascagoula

Main Content
Release date: 
September 3, 2012
Release Number: 

ATLANTA A disaster recovery center is open in Jackson County to help those with storm losses caused by Hurricane Isaac.

Center hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day until further notice.

The center is located behind the Jackson County Fairgrounds at:

4761 Vega St.

Pascagoula, MS 39567

Representatives of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Small Business Administration will be at the centers to explain assistance programs and help survivors apply for
disaster aid.

A mobile disaster recovery center also has been set up at the Hancock County Resource Center,
454 Hwy 90 in Waveland. Two additional centers are operating today at temporary locations in Harrison and Pearl River counties.

Before going to a disaster recovery center, people with storm losses are encouraged to register with FEMA.

Survivors can register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or via smartphone at m.fema.gov. Applicants may also call 1-800-621-3362 or (TTY) 1-800-462-7585. If you use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.

Federal disaster assistance can include grants for rental assistance and home repairs, low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help recover from the effects of the disaster.

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.

Last Updated: 
September 4, 2012 - 11:21
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top