Main Content

Deadline Approaching for Tropical Storm Debby SBA Loan Applications

Release date: 
August 29, 2012
Release Number: 

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—Tropical Storm Debby survivors should turn in their low-interest disaster loan applications before the Sept. 4 deadline.

Survivors are encouraged to submit their applications regardless of financial condition. A loan does not have to be accepted if one is offered. However, survivors who receive loan applications must complete and return them to be eligible for other forms of assistance, such as FEMA grants that do not have to be repaid.

Disaster loan outreach centers are open until Thursday, Aug. 30, for survivors with questions regarding disaster assistance at the Hernando County Mining Association/Enrichment Center, 800 John Gary Grubbs Blvd. in Brooksville and Trouble Creek Square, 4444 Grand Blvd. in New Port Richey. The hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Survivors may obtain information on low-interest disaster loans from the SBA by calling
800-659-2955 or by visiting Survivors who are deaf or hard of hearing and use a TTY can call 800-877-8339.

Applicants can sign up for Tropical Storm Debby recovery updates via email by going to and clicking the subscription link. It’s a simple process that only requires a valid email address. During signup, subscribers can choose to receive updates immediately, daily or weekly.

For more information on Florida’s disaster recovery, visit or On Facebook, go to To receive Twitter updates: or

FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585 directly; if you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362.

FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.


Last Updated: 
January 3, 2018 - 12:11