Main Content

Nine More Kentucky Counties Designated for Disaster Assistance

Release date: 
March 10, 2012
Release Number: 

ATLANTA, Ga. -- Nine additional counties have been designated for disaster assistance to households and businesses as part of Kentucky?s federal disaster declaration, according to officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The latest counties are Bath, Campbell, Carroll, Grant, Magoffin, Martin, Montgomery, Rowan and Wolfe.

Counties previously designated are Johnson, Kenton, Laurel, Lawrence, Menifee, Morgan and Pendleton. The total now is 16.

Individual assistance for homeowners and renters can include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs and other serious disaster-related expenses not met by insurance or other assistance programs. Also low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to cover residential and businesses losses not fully compensated by insurance.

Affected survivors and business owners in the newly designated counties may apply for assistance by calling FEMA's toll-free registration number, 800-621-FEMA (3362). Those who use TTY should call 800-462-7585. Those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS) should call 800-621-3362. The registration lines are available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., local time, until further notice. An application may also be completed online by going to

Survivors can also apply for federal assistance directly through their Web enabled mobile phone devices or smartphones. Visit and follow the link to to apply for federal assistance.

Registration through the mobile site takes three steps:

  1. Go to and click "Apply Online for FEMA Assistance" Users will be directed to our partner site,;
  2. Click on "Start Registration"; and
  3. Fill out the registration form.

Kentucky Emergency Management urges survivors with storm damage to their residence or other property to document the damage by photographing or videoing it, if possible, and maintain a list of any repairs and keep repair receipts. Report the damage and location to your county emergency manager. However, survivors must still register with FEMA to be considered for federal disaster assistance.

People who need to replace property deeds should visit their tax office Property Valuation Administrator to obtain documentation of ownership. This may prevent long delays in receiving eligible FEMA funds.

More disaster specific information can be found on the KYEM website at

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Updated: 
July 8, 2017 - 10:56
State/Tribal Government or Region: