Main Content

Valley County Disaster Recovery Center Opens and Roundup DRC Changes Locations

Release date: 
August 13, 2011
Release Number: 

HELENA, Mont. -- A state and federal Disaster Recovery Center is opening in Glasgow to assist individuals, households and businesses in Valley County affected by storms and flooding this spring.

The center opens officially at 1 p.m., on Monday, August 15. The center is staffed by disaster recovery specialists who can provide information and answer questions about flood-related assistance. Glasgow is the fifth disaster recovery center to open in the state.

The Roundup Disaster Recovery Center was housed in the Head Start building until close of business Friday, August 12, and will reopen Monday at the Emergency Services Building at 704 1st St E for Musselshell and surrounding county residents.

Valley County
Opens Monday, 8/15 Glasgow Event Center 54141 US Hwy 2

Missoula County
Opens Thursday, 8/18
Emergency Training Bldg
1220 Burlington Ave

Billings County
Opens Friday, 8/19
Faith Chapel Church
517 Shiloh Rd

Fergus County
National Guard Armory
863 Airport Rd
Closed Friday, 8/12 at 7 p.m.
SBA opening Disaster Loan Outreach Center 8/15

Crow Nation
Old Casino
Exit 510 on I-90
One Circle Lane
Crow Agency
Closing Wednesday, 8/17

Carbon County
Joliet School
300 N Park St
Closing Tuesday, 8/16

Musselshell County
7th Ave W & 2nd St W, Roundup
Closing, Friday, 8/12 at 7 p.m.
Emergency Service Building
704 1st St E
Opening Monday, 8/15 at 1 p.m.
Closing, Saturday, 8/20 at 7 p.m.

"Northeastern Montana had record snowfall this year mixed with spring storms that created a mess for Valley County residents," said Ed Tinsley, Montana Disaster and Emergency Services Administrator. "I urge everyone who had flooding to call and register with FEMA or go over to the recovery center if you need additional help. Do not let this opportunity for assistance slip by and end up with uncompensated expenses."

Homeowners, renters and businesses, whether insured or not, are encouraged to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) by calling 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY) or going online at Registration by mobile device is also available at Multilingual registration can be done by phone. Registration with FEMA must be done directly and cannot be done through county offices.

"Disaster Recovery Centers are a great resource to residents who have questions about their registration. Initial registration is best done where individuals have access to personal and financial documents," advised FEMA Federal Coordinating Officer Doug Mayne.

FEMA provides temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation, medical and dental, and funeral and burial expenses. By registering, individuals will also receive an application for a low-interest disaster loan from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). No one is required to take a loan from the SBA, but loan applications must be submitted to the SBA to be eligible for the full range of assistance available from FEMA.

SBA representatives are at the disaster centers to answer any questions about the SBA's low-interest disaster loan program for homeowners, renters, businesses and private non-profit organizations of all sizes. These loans are to repair or replace real estate and/or personal property damaged by the storms and flooding. No one is obligated to take out a ...

Last Updated: 
July 8, 2017 - 10:54
State/Tribal Government or Region: