Main Content

Caddo County Added to Latest Oklahoma Disaster Declaration

Release date: 
June 17, 2011
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Caddo County has just been added to the presidential disaster declaration stemming from the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding that struck Oklahoma May 22-25. Caddo County joins the six counties previously designated for Individual Assistance: Canadian, Delaware, Grady, Kingfisher, Logan and McClain.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approved the addition of Caddo based on a thorough review of the storm damages gathered by federal, state and local officials.

"If you suffered damages and live in Caddo County, call now," urged Director of the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management Albert Ashwood, who also serves as the State Coordinating Officer. "You may be eligible for disaster assistance."

To apply for disaster assistance, call 800-621-FEMA(3362) or TTY 800-462-7585. Survivors can also register online at

Disaster assistance may include Housing Assistance grants to help homeowners and renters:

  • Rent temporary housing for a limited period of time.
  • Repair damage to a primary residence.
  • Help replace homes destroyed in the disaster.

Disaster assistance also includes Other Needs Assistance grants, which helps individuals pay for:

  • Disaster-related medical and dental costs;
  • Disaster-related funeral and burial costs;
  • Clothing, household items, tools required for work and necessary educational materials;
  • Disaster-damaged vehicles;
  • Moving and storage expenses related to the disaster; and,
  • Other serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other sources.

"We want to make sure everyone knows about the help available, and gets as much help as possible," said Federal Coordinating Officer William J. Doran, III. "We're sending our Community Relations specialists out to Caddo County today to urge survivors to register with FEMA."

When registering, applicants will be asked to provide:

  • Social Security number
  • Address of the damaged home or apartment
  • Description of the damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • A current contact telephone number
  • An address where they can get mail
  • Bank account and routing numbers if they want direct deposit of any financial assistance.

Survivors should register with FEMA even if they have insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but under-insured applicants may receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.

Additionally, disaster assistance includes low-interest, federal disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

SBA disaster loans are available to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private, nonprofit organizations for their uncompensated losses. Homeowners may borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their primary residence. Homeowners and renters may borrow up to $40,000 to replace personal property. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million to repair or replace their property damage and/or economic losses.

For more information on SBA disaster loan assistance, call SBA at 800-659-2955, or visit Hearing impaired individuals may call 800-877-8339.

Storm survivors may also be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) if they lost work or earnings due to the storms. For more information, contact the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission or got to

Representatives from FEMA, OEM and the SBA further provide one-on-one disaster re...

Last Updated: 
January 3, 2018 - 12:19