Main Content

Three Counties Added for Public Assistance

Release date: 
October 20, 2007
Release Number: 
1729-020

ROCKFORD, Ill. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced on Oct. 19 that it is providing assistance to Cook, Knox and Warren counties to help pay for emergency services and to repair or replace public facilities damaged by the Aug. 20-31 severe storms and flooding.

Governmental entities, municipal authorities, and certain private nonprofit organizations in Cook, Knox and Warren counties are now eligible for all categories of Public Assistance.

Public Assistance has been available in DeKalb, Kane, and LaSalle counties.

Under the cost-share program, FEMA Public Assistance funds 75 percent of the cost for eligible work by state and local governments and certain nonprofit organizations that provide public services. The state manages the grants for all projects. The remaining 25 percent non-federal share comes from the applicants.

The applicants' briefing schedule for Cook, Knox and Warren Counties will be announced.

FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

Last Updated: 
January 3, 2018 - 12:33