Main Content

Disaster Recovery Centers To Open In Five Counties

Release date: 
August 21, 2007
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- In an effort to reach out to disaster-declared counties, Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) are opening in Bryan, Cleveland, Grady, Kiowa and Seminole Counties, said officials with the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

Representatives of state, federal and voluntary agencies will be available to answer questions and provide recovery information. Written materials about various assistance programs are also available to individuals and business owners.

Before visiting any of the DRCs, disaster victims are urged to register for assistance by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or on-line at The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585 for the speech- or hearing-impaired. Those who have questions may visit a DRC to meet with disaster recovery specialists.

The schedule for upcoming Disaster Recovery Centers follows:

DRCs are open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.

August 23-28
Bryan County
Bryan County Fairgrounds
Haggard Hall
1901 South 9th Street
Durant, OK  74701

August 23-28
Cleveland County

Cleveland County Fairgrounds
South Building
615 E. Robinson
Norman, OK 73071

August 23-28
Grady County

Pocasset Community Center
530 South Main Street (Highway 81)
Pocasset, OK  73079

August 30-September 4
Kiowa County

Public Works Building
Community Room
410 South Washington
Hobart, OK 73651

August 30- September 4
Seminole County

City of Seminole Community Room
Jimmy Austin golf Course
1605 North Main Street
Seminole, OK  74868

SBA Customer Service Representatives are at the DRC to issue loan applications, answer questions about SBA's disaster loan program, explain the application process, and help each individual and business owner complete their application.

SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes and private nonprofit organizations for losses not fully covered by insurance. The SBA may loan up to $200,000 to repair or replace homes and up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property. Up to $1.5 million is available for uncompensated business disaster losses.

Residents and business owners can receive information about SBA disaster loans and help with the application process by calling the SBA at 1-800-659-2955 or visit the SBA Web site at

FEMA coordinates the federal government's role in preparing for, preventing, mitigating the effects of, responding to, and recovering from all domestic disasters, whether natural or man-made, including acts of terror.

Last Updated: 
January 3, 2018 - 12:34