CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Federal, state, local and voluntary agencies are working in partnership to help Iowa residents and business owners recover from severe storms, floods, and tornadoes that occurred May 16-29. The following is a summary of ongoing response and recovery efforts for the period ending June 11, 1999.
- 2,617 victims of the recent severe storms and floods have registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- $2,202,706 has been approved in grants for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $938,701 in grants for disaster-related necessary expenses have been awarded through the Individual and Family Grant Program.
- $3,299,400 in disaster loans has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- 94.2 percent of inspections for the current registrations have been completed.
- 73 communities have applied for Public Assistance.
- $144,007 has been obligated under the Public Assistance Program.
Important Telephone Numbers:
TOLL-FREE REGISTRATION 1-800-462-9029
Phone lines are operational from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CDT), Monday - Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.