Main Content

For Debris Removal, Property Owners Must Sign and Return Entry Permits

Release date: 
June 4, 1999
Release Number: 

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. -- Contractors for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will begin debris cleanup on private property in Oklahoma City this weekend.

Oklahoma City property owners in the disaster-affected area who wish to have their debris removed by the Corps of Engineers are encouraged to pick up right-of-entry forms from the Oklahoma City Disaster Recovery Center or from the Oklahoma City Public Works Department. Rights of entry are absolutely necessary so that Corps contractors may enter private property to remove debris.

The disaster recovery center is in the Bank One Building, 7400 S. Pennsylvania Avenue. Forms also may be obtained from the city by calling 297-2581, or by going to the City Public Works Department at 420 West Main Street, Suite 700, Oklahoma City.

Completed right-of-entry forms must be returned to the disaster recovery center or to the public works department for coordination with the Corps.

Debris removal by the Corps contractors will continue for approximately one month. If rights of entry are not received in the near future, debris removal may not be possible under the Corps contract and the property owner may have to pay for clearing the property.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: