The National Incident Management System is intended to be used by the whole community. The intended audience for this page is individuals, families, communities, the private and nonprofit sectors, faith-based organizations, and state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and Federal agencies. The purpose of this page is to allow access to documents and other guidance that are undergoing national engagement.
NIMS Resource Management Supplemental Guidance and Tools
August 14, 2018: NIMS National Qualification System (NQS) Supporting Tools for National Engagement
FEMA’s National Integration Center is seeking public feedback on several National Qualification System (NQS) documents that enhance interoperability and the effectiveness of mutual aid. This National Engagement Period will conclude at 5:00 p.m. EDT on September 5, 2018. The National Engagement Period provides an opportunity for interested parties to comment on newly developed supporting tools.
Today’s release includes:
NQS Job Titles/Position Qualifications for the Recovery mission area, Mitigation, Environmental and Historic Preservation (EHP), and Incident/Exercise Evaluator that define minimum qualifications criteria for personnel serving in these positions, and
NQS Position Task Books (PTB) for the Recovery mission area, Mitigation, EHP, and Incident/Exercise Evaluator that identify the competencies, behaviors, and tasks that personnel should demonstrate to become qualified for a these positions.
To review the documents:
- Damage Assessment Coordinator: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/168478
- HM Community Education and Outreach Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165452
- HM Community Planner Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165439
- HM Engineering and Architect Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165460
- HM Floodplain Management Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165456
- EHP Environmental Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165701
- EHP Historic Preservation Specialist: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/165701
- Incident/Exercise Evaluator: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/168424
- Public Assistance: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/168478
- State Disaster Recovery Coordinator: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/168419
To provide comments on the draft, complete the feedback form on the webpage listed above and submit the form to FEMA-NIMS@fema.dhs.gov.
After the hurricanes and wildfires of 2017, FEMA realized the need to define NQS positions beyond the response mission area. These 14 positions released for national engagement today represent work by FEMA and state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, many of whom are still recovering from disasters.
To support partner and stakeholder adoption, FEMA is hosting a series of 60-minute webinars to discuss the NQS supporting tools and answer questions. All webinars are open to the whole community, including individuals and communities, the private and nonprofit sectors, faith-based organizations, and all governments. The schedule is below. All times are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Webinar 1: Tuesday August 21, 11:00am-12:00pm: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools1/event/registration.html
Webinar 2: Thursday August 23, 5:00-6:00pm: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools2/event/registration.html
Webinar 3: Tuesday August 28, 5:00-6:00pm: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools3/event/registration.html
Webinar 4: Thursday August 30, 2:00-3:00pm: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools4/event/registration.html
Webinar 5: Tuesday September 4, 10:00-11:00am: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools5/event/registration.html
Webinar 6: Tuesday September 4, 5:00-6:00pm: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/nqssupptools6/event/registration.html
Webinar participants will have an opportunity to provide feedback to NIMS representatives during the webinars. After a short presentation, the NIC representatives will answer any technical questions participants may have.
If you require accommodations to participate in these events, please provide details in the Disability Related Accommodations field on the registration page or contact us at: FEMA-NIMS@fema.dhs.gov.