The National Incident Management System is intended to be used by the whole community. The intended audience for this page is individuals, families, communities, the private and nonprofit sectors, faith-based organizations, state, local, tribal and territorial governments, and federal agencies. This page provides alerts and links regarding NIMS-related documents for National Engagement. Please see the alerts and links below to review these documents and provide feedback.
December 13, 2019: National Engagement Period: NIMS Resource Typing Documents for Post-Disaster Building Safety
FEMA has released, for stakeholder feedback, drafts of six Job Titles/Position Qualifications and Resource Typing Definitions related to Post-Disaster Building Safety. These documents enhance interoperability and the effectiveness of mutual aid. This release includes:
- Post-Disaster Building Safety Evaluation Team;
- Post-Disaster Building Safety Evaluator;
- Post-Disaster Building Safety Evaluation Strike Team Leader;
- Post-Disaster Building Safety Evaluation Team Technical Supervisor;
- Post-Disaster Complex Structural Condition Evaluator; and
- Post-Disaster Complex Architectural Systems Condition Evaluator.
The National Engagement Period for the Post-Disaster Building Safety documents concludes at 5 p.m. EST on Jan. 17, 2020, providing an opportunity for interested parties to comment on newly developed supporting tools. To access the documents, go to https://www.fema.gov/national-incident-management-system/Building-Safety.