The Office of the Flood Insurance Advocate (OFIA) advocates for the fair treatment of policyholders and property owners by providing education and guidance on all aspects of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), identifying trends affecting the public, and making recommendations for program improvements to FEMA leadership.
What Information can the OFIA help me find?
- How do I buy flood insurance & why do I need it?
- How much will flood insurance cost?
- How do I file a claim?
- How do I appeal a decision on my claim?
- How are flood maps developed?
- What is my property's risk for flooding
- How can I obtain a Letter of Map Amendment?
Information About the OFIA
Ask the Advocate
If you have utilized existing resources and are still frustrated and confused, request assistance from the Office of the Flood Insurance Advocate on an issue you have been unable to resolve.
Si ha utilizado los recursos existentes y todavía está frustrado y confundido, solicite asistencia de la Oficina del Defensor del Seguro contra Inundaciones sobre un problema que no ha podido resolver.