Main Content

Protect Your Property from Fire

Wildfire protection can involve a variety of changes to your house and property -- changes that can vary in complexity and cost. You may be able to make some types of changes yourself. But complicated or large-scale changes and those that affect the structure of your house or its electrical wiring and plumbing should be carried out only by a professional contractor licensed to work in your state, county, or city. One example of wildfire protection is removing vegetation, yard debris, and other combustible materials that may be near your house. This is something that many homeowners can probably do on their own.