alert - warning

This page has not been translated into 한국어. Visit the 한국어 page for resources in that language.

Hurricane Sally Survivors in Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia Counties Can Apply for FEMA Disaster Assistance

alert - warning

Sorry, there were no results based on your filter selections.
Please reset the filter or change your selections and try again.

Release Date:
9월 21, 2020

CLANTON, Ala. – Homeowners and renters who suffered damage from Hurricane Sally in Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia counties, should apply to FEMA for federal disaster assistance as soon as possible. Survivors may be eligible to receive assistance for uninsured and underinsured damage and losses resulting from Hurricane Sally.

Baldwin, Mobile, and Escambia counties were designated eligible for FEMA’s Individual Assistance program under the Major Disaster Declaration signed by President Trump on Sept. 20, 2020, for damage and losses from Hurricane Sally that occurred beginning on Sept. 14, 2020.

If you have a homeowner’s insurance policy, file your insurance claim immediately, before applying for federal assistance. The faster you file, the faster your recovery can begin. 

You can register for FEMA disaster assistance online by visiting or by calling 800-621-3362. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 800-462-7585. Multi-lingual operators are available. Lines are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

You will need to have the following readily available:

  • A current phone number where you can be contacted;
  • Your address at the time of the disaster and the address where you are now staying;
  • Your Social Security number, if available;
  • A general list of damages and losses; and
  • If insured, the insurance policy number, or the agent and company name.

If you cannot return to your home, or you are unable to live in your home, visit, or call 800-621-3362 (800-462-7585 TTY) to determine what federal, state, local, or voluntary agency assistance may be available to you. 

If you can return to your home and it is safe, has working power, water, and sewer or septic service, visit to determine if state, voluntary and local organizations in your community can address any unmet needs.

“We are very grateful to our federal partners for offering needed assistance to Alabamians during this difficult time,” said Alabama Emergency Management Agency Director, Brian Hastings. “Many people have been impacted by Hurricane Sally, and we are working closely with local and federal partners to meet the needs of everyone affected.”

Disaster assistance may provide temporary help and a place to stay while you build your own recovery plan. Although the federal government cannot make you whole, it may be able to help your recovery move forward by providing grants for basic repairs to make your home safe, accessible and secure. FEMA is unable to duplicate insurance payments. However, those without insurance, or those who may be underinsured, may still receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.

“We’re working closely with Alabama EMA and voluntary agencies to get survivors the help they need,” said Allan Jarvis, FEMA’s chief coordinating official in Alabama.

Long-term, low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also may be available to cover losses not fully compensated by insurance and that do not duplicate benefits of other agencies or organizations.

If referred, applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the SBA’s secure website at or by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or by sending an e-mail to

Baldwin, Mobile and Escambia counties and the Poarch Band of Creek Indians were also designated for FEMA’s Public Assistance Program to reimburse the state and local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations for emergency protective measures.