U.S. flag

미국 정부 공식 웹사이트입니다

Dot gov

Official websites use .gov

A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS

A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites..

alert - warning

이 페이지는한국어로(으로) 번역되지 않았습니다. 해당 언어의 리소스는 한국어 페이지를 방문해 주십시오.

Building Science Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to frequently asked questions regarding FEMA Building Science Flood and Wind Mitigation guidance, as well as the FEMA Substantial Damage Estimator (SDE) Tool.

If you need additional information, please email the FEMA Building Science Helpline or call at 866-927-2104.

General FAQs

Flood FAQs

Wind FAQs

Substantial Damage Estimator Tool FAQs

Safe Room FAQs


Is there FEMA funding available for my project?

For project eligibility questions, please contact your State Hazard Mitigation Officer (SHMO).

Does FEMA approve, endorse, or certify any products or companies?

No. FEMA does not approve, endorse, certify, or recommend any contractors, individuals, firms, or products. While a product may be in compliance with FEMA design guidance, contractors, individuals, or firms, shall not state they are, or produce products that are "FEMA approved" or "FEMA certified."

Does FEMA verify or certify design calculations published by manufacturers for their products?

FEMA does not verify or certify design calculations for any product. The design professional who signs the certification attests that the product in question will meet the requirements specified on the certification. The design professional should be licensed in the state in which the product will be used. Note that any product must be properly installed for its intended use only.