A structure, transportable in one or more sections, which is built on a permanent chassis and is designed for use with or without a permanent foundation when attached to the required utilities. The term manufactured home does not include a recreational vehicle. Generally, manufactured homes must meet the same requirements as stick built or conventional housing. Because they are usually residential buildings, they must be elevated so that the lowest floor is above the Base Flood Elevation (BFE).
Manufactured homes must be elevated and anchored to to a permanent foundation to resist flotation, collapse, or lateral movement.
National Flood Insurance Program Requirements
- 59.1 - Definitions
- 60.3 - Floodplain management criteria for floodprone areas
- (a) (1) - Development Permit
- (a) (3) - Reasonably Safe From Flooding
- (b) (8) - Anchoring Requirement
- (c) (6) - Outside of Manufactured Home Park, New or Expansion of Existing Manufactured Home Park, and Substantially Damaged Manufactured Homes
- (c) (12) - Within Existing Manufactured Home Park
- (e) (8) - Zone V