Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Walton County residents have received approximately $2.8 million in total federal funds.
- 70 homeowners and renters have been approved for nearly $355,000 in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- More than $326,000 in Housing Assistance grants for housing repair costs, home replacement and rental payments.
- Nearly $29,000 in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 54 homeowners and renters were approved for rental assistance.
- 36 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance application.
National Flood Insurance Program (as of Nov. 16):
- 167 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $2.1 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration (as of Nov. 15):
- More than $344,000 has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for eight homeowners, renters and businesses.
Public Assistance (as of Nov. 17):
- Walton County was approved for assistance to local governments and private nonprofits for emergency protective measures on Sept. 23, and for debris removal as well as the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged public facilities on Oct. 13.
- Seven requests for Public Assistance have been received and six have been approved.