FEMA Deputy Administrator for Protection and National Preparedness, Tim Manning was in Christchurch at the time of the quake, as part of a trip to New Zealand and Australia to discuss a broad range of emergency management issues, as part of ongoing international cooperation efforts. Tim is safe and is in close contact with the U.S. Embassy.
If you are looking for information or have information regarding U.S. citizens in Christchurch, New Zealand, the U.S. Embassy in Christchurch is asking people to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, here are some of the social media resources that are available and have popped up in response to the quake:
- New Zealand Red Cross on Twitter and Facebook
- New Zealand Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management on Twitter
- Twitter hashtags: #eqnz, #chch, #nzearthquake, #christchurchquake, #eqnzContact
- Google Crisis Response Page
- Ushahidi Crowdmap
- Crisis Commons Page
- Project Epic Tweak the Tweet (TtT)
- Canterburyearthquake.org (managed by Environment Canterbury – which includes this interactive map)