If you currently have an open Assistance to Firefighter Grant (AFG), a Fire Prevention & Safety Grant (FP & S) or a Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant (SAFER) in the AFG e-grants system, this is a reminder that you must submit your Federal Financial Report (FFR) no later than Jan. 30, 2020. This report includes all financial activity from the start of the period of performance up to Dec. 31, 2019.
You are required to complete this report even if no funds have been expended during the reporting period. If you have already submitted the FFR for all your open awards, please disregard this message.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ONLINE SUBMISSION OF THE FFR.
Visit the online Federal Financial Report Instructions for definitions of each field on the form. The link can be cut and pasted into your browser. https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/20130726-1847-25045-2862/sf_425_instructions.pdf
To complete and submit the online FFR for the period ending Dec. 31, 2019, follow these steps:
* Logon to https://portal.fema.gov and type in your username and password. The link can be cut and pasted into your browser.
* Continue to the Status page and identify your active grants. (If you cannot remember your username and password, please call the FEMA Technical Service Desk at their toll-free number: 877-611-4700. Have your grant number ready and be prepared to answer ID verification questions.)
* For each open award, select the MANAGE GRANT tab and click GO. On the following screen, click on the link for REPORTS on the left-hand menu.
* Complete the FFR/SF-425 SEMI-ANNUAL REPORT.
Portions of the FFR report will already be filled out for you, including Line 10a, Cash Receipts, if it applies; Line 10d, Total Federal Funds Authorized; and Line 10i, Total Recipient Share Required. Fill out all of the other lines that apply to your grant.
* Enter the amount of Federal Cash Disbursed on Line 10b.
* Enter the amount of Federal Share of Expenditures on Line 10e.
* Line 10i, Total Recipient Share Required. This is the amount of the cost share (match) that was approved in your award budget.
* For Line 10j, Recipient Share of Expenditures, enter the total amount of the cost share disbursed. If none of the cost share was disbursed by this date, enter zero on line 10j.
* Enter the amount of Indirect Expense on Line 11 if it applies.
* Re-verify all amounts entered before submitting the FFR.
* Before clicking SUBMIT, check your information to be sure that it is correct and complete. You will not be able to revise the form once it is submitted.
For further questions or assistance, contact the AFG Helpdesk toll-free at 1-866-274-0960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.