Provide guidance on policies and doctrine on executable regional plans that support all phases of disaster operations across the 10 FEMA regions in collaboration with federal, state, territorial and state partners.
To provide regions tools and expertise in planning for effective disaster operations.
Outcomes and Impacts
- Executable regional plans that support all phases of disaster operations across the 10 FEMA regions;
- Regional plans that integrate all FEMA Mission Areas (Response, Recovery, Mitigation), aspects of Resilience (Preparedness), and align with national deliberate plans;
- Process-oriented deliberate regional plans developed and socialized in collaboration with federal, state, territorial, tribal and state partners; and
- Regional plans that retain high confidence in regional capabilities.
What We Do
- Supports the development of regional deliberate plans;
- Provides guidance on policies and doctrine affecting regional planning;
- Provides regional contracting support;
- Serves as headquarters' regional point of contact; and
- Serves as Senior Planner at headquarters and in regional core planning groups.
- Pursues opportunities to engage regional planners during the development of national-level operational plans to better link and nest regional-level operational plans;
- Ensures regional planners access to the most current modeling and data products, supply chain management, information analysis, and tools throughout the planning process;
- Provides regional planners with real-world and exercise lessons learned and best practices to enhance regional deliberate plans; and
- Taps onsite expertise from National Guard Bureau and U.S. Northern Command.