FEMA is personally working with survivors of the Surfside building collapse and next of kin of lost loved ones. Survivors and next of kin may go to the Family Assistance Center located at the Sea View Hotel at 9909 Collins Avenue to apply for FEMA assistance.
- The President’s emergency declaration on June 25 authorizes FEMA to offer its Individuals and Households Program to survivors of the Champlain Tower South building collapse at 8777 Collins Avenue.
- Survivors whose primary home was damaged or destroyed by the building collapse may be eligible for financial assistance for temporary housing and uninsured losses.
- Financial assistance is also available under the Other Needs Assistance program to assist with funeral and medical expenses, uninsured losses to personal property and vehicles, and other necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster.
- FEMA assistance is not meant to duplicate assistance from insurance or other sources such as volunteer organizations.
- FEMA will assist all eligible applicants and distribute information and resources equitably
How To Apply
- FEMA is working personally with survivors; local survivors do not need to call or go online to apply for FEMA assistance.
- FEMA is accepting in-person applications at the Family Assistance Center beginning Monday, June 28, at the Sea View Hotel at 9909 Collins Avenue.
- The center is open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. seven days a week.
- Survivors who were living in Champlain Tower South and those seeking funeral assistance for lost loved ones should go to the Family Assistance Center to apply.
- FEMA may provide funeral assistance to individuals and households who have incurred or will incur funeral expenses. Those seeking funeral assistance may visit the Family Assistance Center to apply.
- Survivors are encouraged to go to the center in person to access all available resources. Voluntary agencies and organizations are available at the center to help survivors with additional needs.
- Residents of Champlain Tower South who have traveled outside of the immediate area can call FEMA at 800-621-3362 or TTY: 1-800-462-7585 to apply.