Main Content


All exams must be submitted online at

You may sign-up to receive the latest news on new courses and updates on existing courses as they become available via email. To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your e-mail address at:

Please click on this link for streaming video files published on FEMA web site. The DVD can only be obtained via the FEMA Pubs warehouse by ordering the facilitators guide. Independent Study office doesn't have it.

We do not currently offer that information. The exams are scored through an automated system based on a pass / fail scoring system, to receive a successful completion you must score a 75% or higher.

You can contact the Independent Study Program’s Customer Support Center at (301) 447-1200 or  One of our Customer Support Representatives will look up your student record, verify your course completion and issue you a certificate via email. If you are emailing your request to , please provide your full name and the mailing address our office would have on record; this information is used to locate your training record in our database.Please be sure that you have added to your approved senders list with your email client.

We apologize you did not receive a response. There are several possible reasons such as extremely high e-mail traffic or problems with the e-mail system. Please visit the Frequently Asked Question page to submit a question/comment for an update.

The system was unable to verify your information. You will not be able to access your personal account information over the internet. For information about your disaster assistance application, please contact our Helpline at 1-800-621-3362. If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 1-800-427-5593 directly. If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.

Yes, you can apply for FEMA assistance by visiting either FEMA  or the Disaster Assistance websites, using most smartphone devices. To apply for assistance by phone call 1-800-621-3362.

If you sustained damages to your home or personal property, you should apply with FEMA for assistance.  If you had damages to your crops, livestock, farm equipment, barns, dairy, etc., you should contact your local Farm Services Agency office to inquire about the USDA's disaster assistance program.

Please, visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration  ( NOAA )  web site or your local news station for weather related incidents.