Main Content

Road and Bridge Damages

Can FEMA help me if damages to roads and bridges prevent access to my home?

If you own a private road or bridge that is damaged to the extent that it prevents you from accessing your primary residence you may be eligible for assistance with repairs and/or temporary housing assistance. 

If ownership of the road or bridge is shared, all households who share in the responsibility of maintaining the private road and / or bridge should be encouraged to register, particularly if the damages prevent or restrict access to their homes. 

If a Homeowners Association or Covenant maintains the road or bridge FEMA may request details as agreements will often cover costs to repair or rebuild the road and/or bridge.

If a public road or bridge has been damaged FEMA may be able to provide temporary housing assistance.  

Question Categories

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Search all of or Ask a question

Last Updated: 
Tue, 04/28/2015 - 16:49