Main Content

Repaying a FEMA debt

How can I repay the debt that I owe?

Mail a personal check or money order in the correct amount and made out to:

P.O. Box 530217

Please make your check or money order payable to FEMA and be sure to include your registration/application number, which can be found on your Notice of Debt letter, or your Bill for Collection number in the notation field. If we cannot identify your check or money order, it will be returned to you.

Pay by credit card. Please complete the form enclosed with the Notice of Debt letter. Indicate whether the credit card is: MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover. Include the card number, along with the expiration date, and include your signature. Mail the form to:

P.O. BOX 530217
ATLANTA, GA 30353-0217

Return the U.S. Treasury check(s) sent to you (if the amount of the check is the amount to be returned and has not been cashed or deposited).

Return the check to:

P.O. BOX 12599-0599
KANSAS CITY, MO 64116-0599

Question Categories

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Search all of or Ask a question

Last Updated: 
Tue, 06/25/2013 - 12:18