Main Content

Non-disaster related assistance

My house burned down; how can I get FEMA assistance?

FEMA may provide financial assistance and direct services to eligible individuals and households who have necessary expenses, as a result of a federally declared disaster. Please contact our FEMA Helpline at 1-800-621-3362 if your damages may have been a result of a federally declared disaster. If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 1-800-427-5593 directly. If you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.

If your situation was not caused by a federally declared disaster, you may want to contact the Department of Housing and Urban Development or Health and Human Services. You may also want to contact Information and Referral Services by dialing 211 on your phone.

Question Categories

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Search all of or Ask a question

Last Updated: 
Mon, 05/05/2014 - 19:13