Main Content

Additional Assistance with Home Repairs

I need more money than FEMA provided to repair my home.

FEMA housing assistance is limited to emergency home repairs and temporary housing. We are unable to assist with all home repairs, personal property, vehicle, or moving and storage expenses. However, if you would like to have your case reviewed, you may submit an appeal. For more information on how to appeal, please reference the Applicant Guide: Help After a Disaster.

Additionally, the Small Business Administration (SBA) is the primary source of federal funds for long-term recovery assistance for disaster survivors. The basic form of federal help for disaster damage to private property owned by homeowners, renters, and non-farm businesses of all sizes, which is not fully covered by insurance, is through a low-interest disaster loan from the Small Business Administration. By offering affordable loans, the Small Business Administration disaster loan program helps disaster survivors pay for their repairs while keeping costs to the taxpayer reasonable.

Questions about Small Business Administration disaster loans should be directed to the SBA. You can contact them at 1-800-659-2955 from 8AM - 9PM (EDT), Mon-Fri and 9AM - 6PM (EDT), or email them at

Question Categories

Was this answer helpful?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Search all of or Ask a question

Last Updated: 
Mon, 06/24/2013 - 17:28