Louisiana survivors who registered with FEMA for disaster assistance after Hurricane Laura are encouraged to “stay in touch” to resolve issues, provide updates on their applications or submit new information as the deadline was extended to Nov. 27.
Applicants changing addresses, phone numbers or banking information should notify FEMA. Missing or erroneous information could result in delays in receiving assistance.
Callers to the FEMA Helpline should refer to the nine-digit number they were issued at registration. This number is on all correspondence applicants receive from FEMA and is a key identifier in tracking assistance requests.
Survivors can also call the helpline to:
- Update insurance information.
- Receive information on the home inspection process.
- Add or remove the name of a person designated to speak for the applicant.
- Find out if FEMA needs more information about their claim.
- Update FEMA on the applicant’s housing situation.
- Learn how to appeal an eligibility determination.
- Get answers to other questions about their applications.
Applicants may update their information the following ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov (also in Spanish).
- Download the FEMA mobile app (also in Spanish).
- Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, InnoCaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.
- Visit any disaster recovery center in the state. To find a drive-thru DRC you can text 43362 and type DRC and your ZIP code (for example DRC 01234).
- Download the FEMA app (depending on your device):
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362
- Call 211 or text 527435837 to 898-211. For Louisiana evacuees that are now out-of-state, please call 337-310-4636. To get support, this number also is valid for TTY out-of-state users.
Hurricane Laura survivors with home-repair questions should contact FEMA mitigation outreach at 866-579-0820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central. To view mitigation resources visit https://fema.connectsolutions.com/lauramit/.