FEMA’s DiasterAssistance.gov website is more than a site for registering with FEMA for federal assistance after a disaster. Besides registration, the website provides survivors with information, support, and ways to access services virtually to help with recovery. The site provides data from federal, tribal, state, local, and private sector partners.
DisasterAssistance.gov allows you to:
- Find disaster assistance that meets your personal needs.
- Apply for disaster assistance online.
- Upload essential insurance documents for review and determination.
- Check the status of your application.
- Help with your housing needs.
- Find programs to help with food and nutrition needs.
- Change the address for your Social Security, VA or other federal benefits.
- Learn about U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loans for homeowners, renters and businesses.
It can also provide resources to help you learn how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters.
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.