Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Sally, Santa Rosa County residents have received approximately $36.8 million in total federal funds.
- 700 homeowners and renters have been approved for more than $2.9 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program. This includes:
- Nearly $2.6 million in Housing Assistance grants for housing repair costs, home replacement and rental payments.
- More than $367,000 in Other Needs Assistance grants to replace essential household items and for other critical disaster-related costs.
- 404 homeowners and renters were approved for rental assistance.
- 883 survivors have not provided FEMA with the necessary information from their insurance settlements to complete their disaster assistance application.
National Flood Insurance Program (as of Nov. 16):
- 1,258 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $20.8 million has been paid in claims.
U.S. Small Business Administration (as of Nov. 15):
- More than $13.1 million has been approved in low-interest disaster loans for 274 homeowners, renters and businesses.
Public Assistance (as of Nov. 17):
- Santa Rosa County was approved for assistance to local governments and private nonprofits for emergency protective measures on Sept. 23, and for debris removal as well as the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged public facilities on Sept. 30.
- Nine requests for Public Assistance have been received and eight have been approved.