(As of Nov. 15, 2020, unless otherwise noted)
- 1,539 individuals and households have been approved for more than $19.4 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- More than $18 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 151 homeowners and renters and seven businesses as of Nov. 13.
- More than $15.7 million in grants approved for housing repairs or replacement for 994 homeowners.
- More than $3.7 million in grants have been approved for personal property, transportation and other disaster-related serious needs for 1,351 applicants.
- 2,236 home inspections have been issued with 99 percent completed
- Jackson County has been approved to participate in FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Program.
- Survivors do not apply for Direct Temporary Housing, rather FEMA will contact applicants who are eligible and meet the criteria established for the program.
- FEMA is contacting eligible survivors to determine their interest and explain the program. Based on the information provided by the applicant, FEMA determines the type of housing that will best meet the needs of each survivor’s family.
- Assistance is available for up to 18 months from the date of the disaster declaration (Sept. 15, 2020 through March 15, 2022) while survivors work toward their long-term housing solution.
Outreach to Survivors:
- The External Outreach Site at Central High School, 815 South Oakdale Ave., Medford, OR 97501, opened Oct. 1 and has assisted 1,095 visitors.
- There have been 12 Speaker’s Bureau events, providing information regarding FEMA programs throughout disaster-affected communities.
- Through Disaster Survivor Assistance (DSA) field outreach, 2,581 survivors were referred to disaster resources and recovery partners for needs beyond what FEMA can provide. As of Nov. 9.
- Through DSA virtual outreach, at least 48,851 people were reached via 106 organizations and non-congregate shelters willing to disseminate disaster assistance information aka, DSA Distro Packet. As of Nov. 9.