(As of Mar. 15, 2021, unless otherwise noted)
- 1,739 individuals and households have been approved for more than $26.3 million in federal grants through FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program.
- More than $29.4 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 252 homeowners and renters and 17 businesses as of Mar. 12.
- Survivors who applied with FEMA or have questions about the disaster assistance or the appeals process, can contact FEMA the following ways: Visit DisasterAssistance.gov; download the FEMA app; or call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). Multilingual operators are available 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.
- Nearly $21.7 million in grants approved for housing repairs or replacement for 1,257 homeowners.
- More than $4.6 million in grants have been approved for personal property, transportation and other disaster-related serious needs for 1,463 applicants.
- 2,538 home inspections have been issued with 99 percent completed.
- Jackson County has been approved to participate in FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing Program along with four other counties: Linn, Lane, Lincoln and Marion Counties.
- FEMA has plans to provide additional mobile temporary housing units in established Jackson County parks. Preparing these sites for occupancy can be a labor-intensive process, it is expected that these sites could be completed as early as June.
- Temporary housing is provided one of two ways: recreational vehicles (RVs) and Manufactured Housing Units (mobile homes).
- Survivor housing units are chosen by FEMA based on the survivor family composition and needs, as well as to ensure that requirements for access or functional needs are met.
- Ongoing participation in the program, which can last until March 2022, depends on each survivor’s efforts to find a permanent housing solution and following the rules established by the park and FEMA.
• As of Mar. 16, disaster-wide, FEMA has obligated 74 Project Worksheets and more than $160 million in Public Assistance funding.